It is not too late to schedule your fall financial aid night event with Mapping Your Future!
There are many opportunities left for your school to have Mapping Your Future help prepare your students and parents for completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by hosting a live remote financial aid night sessions.
During a live remote event, a Mapping Your Future staff member will be on camera with a presentation on the screen. This event will work like many of the technologies today that allow face-to-face communication. You will be able to see and hear Mapping Your Future, and we should be able to hear those attending the event. (We could even see the audience at your event if you have a camera on your computer and it is turned on).
Here are some steps to set up your event:
- Determine possible date or dates for your financial aid night
- Contact Mapping Your Future to discuss your plans and to gather more information about virtual events.
- Promote event to parents and students
- Test the technology. We will contact you about a week before the event to make sure there are no technology issues with hosting a virtual event at your school.
- Have a moderator available. In most events, the counselor will serve as the moderator. This will assist in making sure we hear the questions and the event runs smoothly.
- Distribute and collect the surveys. We want to learn how we can improve the effectiveness of these events. Your feedback and feedback from students and parents will help us do this.
Scheduled events are listed at southdakota.mappingyourfuture.org/all-events.cfm. Contact us for more information or to schedule your event at 1-800-374-4072 or email@example.com.