Salary and Outlook
According to the US Department of Labor, there are 408,500 people employed as dishwashers in
the United States.
The median annual salary is $25,300.
Entry level employees earn approximately $18,670 per year and senior employees earn approximately $32,280
Estimates do not include other potential benefits such as health insurance, overtime pay, or retirement benefits that may be offered by employers.
- Transfer supplies or equipment between storage and work areas, by hand or using hand trucks.
- Clean or prepare various foods for cooking or serving.
- Prepare and package individual place settings.
- Load or unload trucks that deliver or pick up food or supplies.
- Clean garbage cans with water or steam.
- Receive and store supplies.
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, or pans, using dishwashers or by hand.
- Place clean dishes, utensils, or cooking equipment in storage areas.
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pickup areas.
- Sweep or scrub floors.
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Stock supplies, such as food or utensils, in serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, or salad bars.
- Set up banquet tables.